Back to School Shopping
August 29, 2017
- Make a list of what school supplies your child needs. Before you head out to the store, check around your house for unused notebooks, unsharpened pencils and any other items left over from last year.
- Shop during sales and clip coupons to save some cash. Search online for discount codes that can be used either in store or online.
- Create a budget on how much you want to spend on the back to school essentials. Make sure to factor in the expenses that may come up during the year such as things needed for extra-curricular activities.
- Share your budget with your children. This is a great opportunity to give them a lesson on money and help them understand the importance of saving.
- Take them shopping with you. With your budget in mind, they should understand that buying all brand name items is not practical. If you would like to incorporate another real-life savings lesson, tell them that they can upgrade to those jeans or backpack that they “must have” by paying the difference with their own money between what you’re prepared to spend & what the item would cost.
Read More Articles