Apr 21, 2021
On April 12th, under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, FEMA began providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
Who is eligible?
U.S. Citizens, non-citizen nationals, or qualified aliens who paid for funeral expenses after January 20, 2020 for an individual in the United States territories or the District of Columbia, whose death may have been caused by or was likely the result of COVID-19.
What type of documentation is needed?
- Official death certificate
- Funeral expense documents (receipts, contracts, etc.)
- Proof of funds received from other sources
How do I apply?
Call (844) 684-6333 to get a Covid-19 Funeral Assistance application completed with help from FEMA’s representatives. They are available Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
Once you have applied and have been given an application number, submit your documentation to FEMA in one of the following ways:
- Upload to your DisasterAssistance.gov account
- Fax documents: 855-261-3452
- Mail documents: P.O. Box 10001, Hyattsville, MD 20782
For more information, visit the FEMA website.