1) Know your budget – Before heading out to the stores, be aware of your budget. It’s easy to overspend during the rush of Black Friday but if you establish your limit & shopping list beforehand, you’ll be less likely to make impulse buys.
2) Shop for other occasions – Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season but you can also take advantage of deals during this time for other occasions. Do you know someone who’s getting married or having a baby in the upcoming year? Snag some household appliances or baby items while they’re on sale and save them for those special events.
3) Do your own price checks – Although you may get good deals in the stores you plan on hitting, keep your phone handy to do a quick search of the items you plan on buying. They may be less expensive online or in another store.
4) Shop late – Don’t want to wake up at 4AM? Some stores offer late shopper deals so you can sleep in & avoid the early morning crowds.
5) Join loyalty programs – Many stores release promotions to their members first or let you earn rewards when you shop. Sign up for their loyalty programs before Black Friday so you receive alerts on special deals and coupons.
6) Don’t forget about Cyber Monday – Not interested in the madness of Black Friday? Curl up on the couch with your laptop the Monday after Thanksgiving and score some of the best online deals.