Password Safety Do's & Dont's
- Tell ANYONE your password – not even a close friend or family member.
- Use common dictionary words or even words spelled backwards.
- Enter passwords on an unsecured Wi-Fi network – hackers can easily intercept your password through this type of connection.
- Use obvious answers in your security questions - most answers can be found on your social media profile – child’s name, pet’s name, etc.
- Use personal information such as birthday, age or name.
- Use at least 8 characters – uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers & symbols.
- Use different passwords for each of your accounts.
- Change your password periodically & avoid reusing passwords.
- Log off your device to avoid someone stealing or changing your password.
- Use security software to avoid anyone hacking into your computer.